MyHMB is an innovative muscle health ingredient that can benefit people of all ages and activity levels.
Scientifically known as ß-hydroxy-ß-methylbutyrate, HMB is produced naturally in our bodies during the metabolism of the essential amino acid leucine. It is well studied and has been shown to improve muscle health by simultaneously promoting muscle protein synthesis and decreasing muscle protein breakdown.
MyHMB has also been clinically shown to:
- Boost protein synthesis (Eley et al., 2007)
- Reduce protein breakdown (Smith et al., 2005)
- Reduce muscle damage (Nissen et al., 1996)
- Improve body composition (Wilson et al., 2014)
- Improve strength gains from resistance training (Nissen and Sharp, 2003)
- Improve recovery by reducing damage associated with exercise (both resistance and endurance) (Knitter et al., 2000; Jówko et al., 2001)
- Improve endurance by increasing maximal oxygen consumption (Lamboley et al., 2007)
- Improve endurance by lengthening the time to the onset of blood lactate accumulation (Vukovich and Dreifort, 2001)
- Improve anabolic effects of plant-based protein (Rittig, et al. 2016)
For more information visit www.myHMB.com.